Latest Figures from Fannie Mae’s Home Purchase Sentiment Index
Among all the other things that Fannie Mae does, it also maintains a Home Purchase Sentiment Index. Here’s what their latest figures show:
- Since March, the number of people who think home prices are going to up over the next 12 months has increased.
- Additionally, more people also seem to think that mortgage rates will go up over the next year.
- 11% of people state that their household income is significantly higher than it was a year ago.
- 15% of people say that right now is a great time to seller a home. This is the highest ever.
- Interestingly, 30% of buyers say now is a good time to buy. While that seems high compared to the sellers in number 4 above, it’s actually the lowest it’s ever been.
- 74% of people state they are not concerned with losing their job.